Avoid Fraud

If you need advice about your immigration status or if you need assistance with your application for deferred action or naturalization, only consult a licensed lawyer or an accredited representative of the Board of Immigration Appeals (“BIA”). Do not consult notarios.

Do not trust anyone who promises you a fast path to legal residency or citizenship. Do not give money to someone who makes such promises. Get reliable help by using the links below or by contacting your UNITE HERE representative, who may be able to refer you a reputable lawyer or legal services organization.

Find Legal Help

You can find a free or low-cost licensed provider of legal services here.

Find citizenship help in your community:  https://www.uscis.gov/citizenship/learners/find-help-your-community


The information contained in this web site is provided as a public service for informational purposes only. The content of this web site does not constitute legal advice and should not be used as a substitute for the advice of competent counsel. Legal advice must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each immigration matter. Legal information, by itself, is often insufficient to resolve the complex legal problems that arise in immigration cases. You should not act upon this information without seeking professional counsel.